Talk about EXHAUSTING! Jeremy would NOT have had the patience for that flight! It started off bad from the beginning as we loaded first, had to wait for the rest of the people to board, and then find out 32 minutes later that we're just finally pushing away from the gate because there was a maintenance issue. That was fun controlling Jase who wanted to sit in the seat next to me. We solved that issue when a rather large woman came to sit next to me spilling over into my seat. Luckily due to the maintenance, everyone was loaded and she found another seat, so informed me that she would move so we could have more space....A.K.A. she did not want to sit by us. I'm glad-it worked out much better but she didn't have to sugar coat it.
So we take off and as soon as they said I could turn that DVD on, I did. Jase wouldn't wear the headphones so we went without and I didn't care if the whole plane heard it or not. It was better than screaming! Jase did OK with that for about 3 hours with a few redirections and fits here and there. It all revolved around him pulling the DVD close to his face and Brynn hitting him because she couldn't see, etc....
Brynn of course had to go to the bathroom when the seatbelt sign was on and it was a little bumpy. I didn't want to risk an accident plus I had to go, we, yes, all 3 of us, went into the bathroom and Brynn and I went :) Not sure how we pulled that off!
Then the fun began when we had to turn Dora off, which resulted in a full out screaming tantrum for the last 20 minutes of the flight-ending about when we touched ground. I was scratched, headbutted, slapped in the face, and all kinds of fun things. Luckily he threw most of his fit on the floor, so it muffled his screams :)
Brynn on the other hand, was just about excellent despite Jase drawing blood on her finger where he bit her. She colored, played with her naked Barbie which the flight attendant informed me that she should have some clothes on because it looked a little weird since Brynn was sitting in the aisle and having her Barbie to gymnastics tricks such as a back bend and the splits! I wanted to tell her that was the LEAST of my worries at this point! She also came by after I turned off Dora and told me that Jase's ears would feel better in a few minutes...I told her he's mad that I had to turn off the DVD, not because of his ears! I hate it when they say that.
So now I am ready to head to the pool tomorrow and enjoy some sun after a really long day!
Friday, March 27, 2009
I Survived...Barely!
Posted by Jamie at 10:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













3 comments:
So what's the deal with the weirdness about a naked Barbie, seriously? That is one strange remark!
I know-I think it's because of the way Brynn was positioning her to do the gymnastics-but it's a DOLL! Who cares! ha.
I, too, am annoyed at that lady and the naked Barbie...C'MON!!!! Get a grip, flight attendant!!
Anyways...I feel for you! Hope the trip back goes much better! Last time I gave JD a plastic cup full of ice near the end of the flight...it entertained him for a while...maybe that will work with Jase when you have to turn DOra off again=)
Post a Comment