Thursday, March 26, 2009

Gymnastics

Just a little update from tonight because I was so excited! Brynn goes to gymnastics twice a week. She was in the beginning tumbling class last quarter, but I moved her back down to the preschool class because this quarter is the recital and with her [lack of] attention span, I had to do it. Brynnley is so far advanced compared to the other kids. Many of them can't do a "real" somersault (no hands) and none of them can do a cartwheel. Each class apparently does it's own routine, because tonight they started practicing and another teacher had Brynn off to the side. I figured they were having Brynn do the Tuesday night recital. BUT, it was great this way! She had over 30 minutes of one-on-one and this lady worked her hard! She worked on everything-she almost has her head stand down, but tries to kick up too quickly so she falls. She got a floor beam and had her doing cartwheels on it! The first one she did she almost nailed it...but, the problem is she's always in front of the huge wall mirror and tries to watch herself do everything so she goes to mud if she does that :) We are going to keep working hard on her cartwheels on keeping her legs straight-if she is reminded, she'll do it. Brynn does a running round-off too, so today she worked on having her jump after she landed in preparation for the back handspring-ha! Now if only she wouldn't be so dang cranky when she wakes up from a nap to be willing to go!

1 comments:

ZFam said...

Wow! I'm so impressed! I can't beleive she's already to a running roundoff! I feel like I just watched a video on here of her barely able to do a cartwheel! It's amazing how quick they catch on! (well, how quickly Brynn catches on...we all know that a LOT of kids can't ever do that!!! =)