Monday, August 25, 2008

Vertigo

I've been light headed for about a week and a half now, and it's just getting worse. I went to the urgent care at work today because my head was spinning and the dr. said it is vertigo. It is the most awful feeling. Every little turn I make sends my head spinning again. I had a little bit of fluid in my ear, but not enough to cause it-she told me why vertigo happens, but didn't really explain what causes it to happen. She said she has a guy that has to take medication every day for it! I can't imagine feeling like this every day! I get a sinus infection usually around the same time every year and when it first starts and my head is clogged, this is kind of what I feel like, but it's horrible! Reading is worse-which is why I'm getting off right now! Just wanted to update you. I'm sure Grammy will post pictures if I'm slacking-ha

2 comments:

Merissa said...

Jamie-
I would have to call and ask my mom, but this sounds like what my aunt was experiencing. She ended up with a pinched or damaged nerve and had to have surgery to correct it. I'll let you know what I find out.

ZFam said...

Hey, Ryan gets like this the first of August EVERY single year. His sinuses get so plugged that he gets the fluid in his ear and gets that dizzy spell. He just has to get on a strong nose spray and steroids to clear up the clogged stuff in his sinuses...along with lots of sudafed to keep it draining. The doctor now has him take sudafed everyday to keep him draining all summer long to help prevent it b/c it has happened so much. He's allergic to something in the air that blooms in August apparently!