Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The shoes that about saved her life!

Today we went back to old St. Augustine which was a STUPID idea. We didnt leave until about 9:15am so it was already too hot before we even left, but on the week days it closes at 5 so we had to go early. We get there and walk around enough for me to start sweating. Brynn was not wanting to walk so we were getting irritated. Yeah this is about 30 minutes into the trip.

We stopped in the shoe store and made an impulse buy on these shoes for Brynn.

She previously had on wedge flip flops.

So then we went to this old fort and Jeremy paid for us to get in-which I was so hot that I could have cared less. Brynn wanted to go on top of the fort so we went up there. My camera wasn't working so I quick took the battery out to put it back in to trigger it. At that time, I hear Jeremy yell and I look and Brynn is right behind me but standing on the edge of the wall. It was about an 80 foot drop inches from her toes. I just grabbed her back and then she gave me attitude and told me to go downstairs!

It was my fault because I did not pay attention when we first got up there that it was set up like that or I never would have stayed. The ledge was just like a walk off point-she did have to climb up on this ramp type thing, but it led right to the edge so she didn't know. I'm just glad she had better shoes on. We were scared that she would have been startled when Jeremy yelled at her-which was just out of a reaction since he just got up there, but I just hate to think of how her flip flops would have held up since these new shoes have a traction at least on the bottom!

Best $50 I ever spent!!!

3 comments:

Grammyx2 said...

mammy no like that story!

ZFam said...

oh! that about made my heart stop thinking about it....

Jennifer said...

Holy Crap! That story made me almost break out in a sweat. I have a HUGE phobia of heights and especially when my kids are near them. Whew! Thank God for new shoes! See I just had a thought, this is a good reason to go shoe shopping, right?