So, the adventures continue.
Jeremy and I were headed to Walgreens tonight so that I could get my newest pics on a CD. We didn't quite make it there because we got rear ended!
This is the first accident I have ever been in. My seat belt had to hold me back. There were no tire screeches or anything, so we had no idea it was coming. The speed limit was about 45, so the girl was probably going about that speed.
The first thing Jeremy did was get out and go see the damage and then check on the girl. Let me tell you-this was our lucky night and we had the perfect person hit us. He asked her if she was OK and her response was "I was checking my cell phone because it died so I reached to turn it back on and the light was green and I didn't see it turn red..."
So she opens her door which only opened enough for her to be able to squeeze out and she hurt her foot. There was a little buldge so it could have been broken. It didn't swell up really like a sprain out.
The first thing she says to me is "I'll just give you my insurance info..." and I was like-no, we're calling the police. She didn't want an ambulance because she said she can't afford it, so we had to call back to the house for them to find the sheriff's number. About 25 minutes later, he finally arrived. He took our info and then went to his car for man-probably another 20 minutes. It seemed like it took forever.
The best part was that she called her neighbor Ken to come help her out. Ken is about 75 or so years old, rich, and just tells it like it is. He was hilarious. He had foul language about every other word out of his mouth, but he kept us entertained. Everytime she would cry about her foot, he would turn around, roll his eyes, and say something like "Just shut up" under his breath-haha.
The girl's mom hung up on her-apparently they were not in good relations, but the cop had to call her for the insurance info because the girl had 2 insurance cards and had no idea which one was the one she should use.
The back bumper is not hanging by a thread, but it is hanging. We were able to drive it home, but haven't tried to open the back door yet. The main problem we've seen so far is that when we reverse, the caution beeps come on because the bumper is over the sensor. There are a few nice dents in it, but hopefully we can at least get it drivable for the trip home. I'll take pics in the morning before I head to Walgreens so I can post them on here :)
Jeremy thinks he hit the windshield because his hat was in the back seat, so I think the bill of his hat hit and flipped back. His neck is sore, but he wasn't wearing his belt so he didn't say anything. I'm not noticeably sore, but every once in awhile I can feel a little tightening here and there so I'll be curious to see if it's noticeable in the morning!
UPDATE: Here are the pics! Jeremy took it to a dealership today and they were able to pop a few things back in place so that it is more secure for the drive home.


Here's the fun part...our back seats fold into the floor, so when you open the trunk, there is a bed dug out of the floor for the seats to fit in. Well, since it's caved in the back, the seats will not go into the floor. So not only will we have to load our crap from the sliding doors, we will have to find a space for it all since there is not any room in the back!
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Bumpity Bump *Edited with pics & update at bottom
Posted by Jamie at 8:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













3 comments:
yep, you'll be sore tomorrow!
okay...if you're all feeling it tonight, you'll definitely feel it in the morning! Load up on ibuprofen before you go to bed!!!
That really stinks! Glad noone was seriously hurt and the car is still driveable.
Post a Comment