Jeremy and I decided to try to get some bigger things moved yesterday. We wanted to get Brynn's room moved and a few furniture pieces. The rest of the beds and big stuff will be moved next weekend when we finally and officially move in.
Anyway, we almost lost Brynn's bed while moving it because we had it piled in the truck with some other furniture from Brynn's room and had a few bungees tied around it. I was following Jer and he called to ask how it looked and I said "Fine!" and right about that time, her bed started falling over the side of the truck! Luckily it got caught on her headboard or it would have been on the side of the road.
The BEST part of the day came when we were in the basement trying to move the loveseat that has been sitting down there. We took the cushions off and there was this big ball of stuffing. Jeremy made a comment that a mouse did it, but we didn't think twice about it. Of course JUST as we picked the couch up, a tiny little mouse jumped out of the couch and ran into the closet. In the closet we had a bunch of garage sale boxes of toys. Jeremy gave me a box and told me to catch the mouse and that he would move the boxes out. He wasn't sure what I was going to do with the mouse if I ever got it trapped under the box though! ha!
So, one by one he moved the boxes with as little contact as possible :) We had the mouse trapped in the corner, but one of the last boxes in there was right in the middle of the closet so was in my way. I told him to move it, and of course the mouse ran out of the closet under the door. It traveled around the side of the room under Brynn's toy chest and then eventually under the beanbag, which was sitting right next to the mudroom door. We opened that door and tried to block off the right side of it so that the mouse would run out there, but that didn't work so well! ha!
Jer was yelling at me for screaming everytime I tried to throw the box on the mouse. I finally told him it was his turn to do the box job and I almost peed my pants! The mouse took one step toward him, he screamed, and hurled the box across the room and jumped up on a chair! HAHA! It was so funny. At that point, we couldn't find the mouse anymore so hoped it had gotten into the mudroom but we didn't actually see it go in there.
So, reluctantly I picked up the couch again to move it outside. We took it out through the mudroom and I locked up the door from the mudroom to outside. Just as I turned around, I saw the stupid thing and it started running toward the door to go into the house, so I start sprinting toward the door to try to beat it from getting inside. I slammed the door, then forgot I didn't turn the lights off so I opened the door just enough for my hand to reach to turn the lights off.
Hopefully he's still out there and can't find a way back inside! YUCKKK!!
Monday, May 25, 2009
Moving Adventures
Posted by Jamie at 8:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













1 comments:
LOL! what a story! I HATE mice...I hate anything that is considered a rodent....so, props to you for staying in there...even if you were screaming! =)
Post a Comment