Friday, May 15, 2009

Little Gymnast

If you're on facebook, you've seen this already :)

Brynn had "sticker night" at gymnastics this week where they evaluate the kids and then recommend what class they should be in. We had moved Brynn back down this quarter because of the recital, so I already knew I would at least move her back up to the tumbling class for the summer.

What I couldn't decide was to do 2 classes per week like we have always done, or do one class a week and some extra individual sessions. With only 5 individual sessions, it would have cost me $35 more than doing 2 classes per week, so it was a lot, but I was willing to see how she would do.

So, back to sticker night. She got out of class and on her paper, they had Fireflies checked, but I wasn't sure what that was. I asked and in the Fireflies, which is level 1 gymnastics, they use more apparatus rather than it just being tumbling! So, that kind of made up my mind that we'll do 2 classes-one with the tumbling and the other the fireflies class. I picked the classes that were around 11 and noon thinking they would be smaller in the summer, so we'll see!

Anyway, there's another class running at the same time as her and they were working on one handed cartwheels. Tonight, I asked Brynn to do one thinking that she could and it took her a few tries to understand and not try to put that hand down, but she did pretty dang good!

And, in usual Brynn fashion, she wouldn't put her pants back on to do it so just don't mind that part!

1 comments:

Grammyx2 said...

Unbelievable! awesome