We had his infamous "3 MONTH CHECK UP" which apparently every pediatrician and ENT in the surrounding area sticks to. I was just a step ahead and had already scheduled an appointment at Children's because I knew nothing had changed in his ear fluid situation. I was right-the tympanograms were flat yet again. We go on the 16th to the Children's ENT and my guess is that he will have tubes.
His speech is slightly improving. He's at least trying to say more things even though most of the time it's only me who knows what he's saying :) He says cheese, I don't know, dog and cat most of the time, but none of them are complete words. Cheese is more like "chee" and dog is "gog", but at least he is trying more than just saying "dat" or "uh". Receptively though, he understands anything and everything I tell him. He can hear me too...so I think the hearing loss is more or less those specific sounds that are effecting his speech rather than whole words. For instance, "cat" one day might sound like "hat" another-something like that.
On another note, we are trying some allergy medicine to see if that helps because he constantly has a cold and the lining in his nose (I think that's the part he said) is usually swollen when there are allergies and his were kissing. I thought it might have something to do with the fluid, but his ped says no.
So, hopefully we will know by the end of this month!
Monday, January 5, 2009
Jase-Man Update
Posted by Jamie at 10:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













1 comments:
Wow! I had no idea it was all that serious! Ryan's actually going through the same thing (I'd never heard of an adult getting tubes before!), but the passages are always swollen and he gets fluid quite a bit. but, they did say that the fluid does effect hearing, so I bet if he gets those tubes and can actually fully hear everything, his speech will pick up very quickly!
Post a Comment