Monday, December 1, 2008

Stress!!!

Ahhhh! Today was just one of those days!

Brynn started her first beginning tumbling class tonight and I about crapped when the room was filled with 8-9 year olds! I had Jase with me too, so that didn't help the stressing out that I was doing as I watched her group listening to the teacher and she's off in the background jumping on the trampoline (which by the way is the newest thing that is all she wants for Christmas!).

They split the group into 3 smaller groups. Brynn's group had only 3 kids in it. A little boy that was maybe 4, pushing 5, and a little girl who was 5. The little boy was very good-he could do a headstand, etc. The other girl had done ballet up until now so her skills weren't any better than Brynnley's. Brynnley's first cartwheel that she did was perfect! She needed the most help on her rolls because she wasn't tucking her head and was doing a front handspring almost instead-urgh.

It was VERY frustrating to watch. She'd come to the window and I'd be pointing back to where she was supposed to be-ha. Her group leader is VERY good though, but I just had that horrible feeling of all of the other parents thinking "What is this crack head doing?" haha.

Oh little do they know she'll be there on Thursday as well! lol

So after, I kinda got yelled at. Brynn was getting dressed and her group leader came to sit down to talk to me and I first told Brynnley to tell her that next time she will try to be a better listener. Angie then told me to not expect the transition to happen just like that and that running around, etc. is what she was used to seeing in her other class. It also didn't help that her other class starts 15 minutes before her new one ends, so she tried to join them a few times too :) I did tell Angie that I understand that, but I do expect her to listen better when she had been doing so well in her old class.

I told Angie that as long as her patience is fine, then I will be OK too. It took Brynn a few weeks to get warmed up in her first group, but I was hoping since everyone else was listening and doing what they were told that she would follow along better. It was hilarious to see her stretching with the 8-9 year olds. I heard her yell out once "I went to a parade!" and they all looked at her funny :)

The owner then talked to me and told me that she agrees with Angie and that they will give her a few weeks to adjust. If she doesn't, she can go back to her old class, but they will just work on the same skills as she would in this class. On the other hand, in this class, Brynnley was the only one in there from her old class!


Then, fast forward to another poop story. I about wanted to strangle her! She's calling me on the toilet, but I was making pretzels so I told Jeremy to go check on her. He comes running into the kitchen and tells me I'm going to freak and that I need to go in there. I go in, and she has poop smeared all over the side of the toilet, and all over her hands and is playing with it. I was so grossed out! I got her cleaned up and took her up to her room to bed and to get new PJ's on. I noticed something on her toe so I asked her if it was poop. Her response was, "No, it's paint!" NOT! Urghhhhh

I think tonight would have been a good time to start some RITALIN! lol. We went to Pizza Hut after gymnastics and she would have hung from the ceiling if she could have. She would not sit still to save her life.

3 comments:

Grammyx2 said...

LOL, that could have been written in a comic book!

Shannon K. said...

We had a similar poop incident while I was in the hospital having Ryan. Daddy and Grandpa found it...imagine 2 guys having to deal with that! :P What I figured out later was that she was embarrassed that she pooped her diaper then tried to hide it. Then it got on her hands so she started wiping it everywhere. When she wiped it on something she'd then try to cover it up. It was a nasty vicious cycle.

Dallas said...

Poor Jamie...time you start liking the taste of beer. :)