Sunday, December 21, 2008

My Room!

Had a makeover! Well, it's not quite finished yet because I still need to buy a few organizable pieces to store some things since I don't have as much storage, but I am loving the room! It's going to be perfect! I can finally have my ribbon next to me so I'm not getting up each time to get it. I was at least able to fit the majority of my stuff on this side-the other side of the room holds the rest :)

Anyway, we found some desk units on craigslist and went to look at them yesterday. Jeremy thought they were ugly-but I thought they would work fine for what I wanted them for. Plus, the minute the guy opened his garage, I thought I just smoked a pack of cigarettes it was so bad....so that really turned Jeremy off, but I thought they would air out on the way home. The problem is that we couldn't fit them all in the truck that we had, so Jeremy said he'd rather go back and get them.

Of course when we got in the truck Jeremy changed his mind and said he'd rather spend more money and get me a real desk than buy those...so, on our way home, we went to Staples. They had some nice, big L shaped desks that I really liked, and then they had this one on sale for $70..so Jeremy convinced me to buy 2 of these desks and put them together to make it sort of L shaped. 4 hours later, I finally got them both put together and although there aren't any drawers, etc. for storage, I can deal with that, but I now have room for all of my machines, etc. I got rid of the couch because the desk L's out right in front of the TV so I can do bows on that end and I'm all set :)

1 comments:

Grammyx2 said...

wow! Quite a unit...bet ya can't wait til you can move it all!