Overall, it went much better than I thought it would! I guess mainly because I knew what to expect so it wasn't hard to hear!
First, for stats, he is 27.8 pounds and 32 3/4" tall! His head stayed the same as his last appointment so his body is finally growing into it-lol.
I had 2 main things I wanted to discuss: his speech and his throat. Jase is not making any improvements really with any words. He can repeat syllables, but everything sounds the same. He says dada mostly, but it's not always purposeful towards Jeremy and he'll every now and then say mama. He says bye-bye, but it's something more like bah-bah. That's about it!
I took him to school with me about a month or so ago and our SLP tried 4 times in each ear to get a reading from the tympanogram, but it wouldn't read. His ped tried again and same thing-no reading. So, he said he had some fluid in there and wanted to see him again in 2 months because that should take 1 month to heal on it's own. He must not have been TOO concerned because he didn't give Jase anything to dry it up. He said when we go back, if it's still the same, then he'll have 3 months of documentation to refer him to an ENT.
In the meantime, I am doing my own referral (per his request, but since I work where I work, I know everyone who could do this!) to get him a more formal speech eval and an audiogram test too see exactly where he is at...which again, I pretty much know the outcome. I'm just hoping that I can take him to work with me.
Last week sometime, I had him really laughing and I noticed that his throat looked very tight and almost closed up. His left tonsil was touching that little hanging thing (ha-don't know what it's called and don't feel like looking it up!). His ped looked in there and said they are large and that his left one is larger than the right. He told me he is not concerned about it right now, but would be if Jase had trouble breathing at night or if I noticed him moving his head around acting like he needs to find a way to breath, but he doesn't do any of that. He does breath through his mouth, but doesn't snore or anything either.
So, I've already left a message with the audiologist who will do the audiogram unless our SLP can also do that at the same time of her speech evaluation, and he'll do all of that within the next month sometime.
The dr. asked me if Jase can point to his body parts. I said I know he knows his nose, but that's about the only one he will point to. He asked me if I said "Where is your nose?" would he point to it? I told him he always does....so then he asked Jase where his belly button was and here walks Brynn from across the room to point for Jase and say "It's right here!" haha...I told his ped now you see the OTHER problem! ha.
He got his combo shot and I went ahead and did the flu shot as well and I thought after the first one he was going to make it, but then after the 2nd he let loose! It was cute because when we got home right after, he was standing and patted his leg where the shots were and started whining a little bit to get some pity!
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Jase Man's 18 mo appt.
Posted by Jamie at 8:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













1 comments:
sigh, poor lil JaseMan...been through a lot!
Post a Comment