Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Melissa, I Need Your Meds!!!

Holy cow. Let me just tell you that my blood pressure is so high right now I can't even stand it. I want to crawl out of my skin. I almost had to report myself to children's services today I swear.

We went out to eat with Mel and Morgan at Frisch's. On the way in, I told Brynn to stay on the sidewalk and she did-she was very good. On the way out, she ran on the sidewalk to the van and stood there-still did good. Well, as I reached for my keys (I'm holding Jase by the way), she took off back onto the sidewalk. I calmly told her to come back and she kept going. I then start yelling and I think at the end it was a flat out scream, because she followed the sidewalk all the way to the end of it and went into the street in the back of the restaurant. Meanwhile, my van door is wide open in the front of the restaurant, but that was the least of my worries. I probably had fire blowing out of my ears I was so mad. Then when I grabbed her, she lost a flip flop so we had to make the car that was in the drive thru wait in order for her to get it back on.

The kid has no fear and doesn't listen to a word that I say. We got home and she went to time-out in her room for like 20 minutes (yeah, it should be 2, but she was still setting in the chair and I had to cool down!). We took a bath and I let her watch Dora for a few minutes.

After awhile, she came to me with something all over her hands. She had somehow gotten into the locked cabinet under the sink (she must know how to do that now) and got one of my gel tabs for the dishwasher out AFTER I caught her with two earlier. This time, she got it opened and it was all over her hands and the floor. I had enough so I took her into her bed and told her I don't want to see her eyeballs until it's morning-lol. She cried for maybe a minute and was out!

Now, all I need to do is calm down! I'm just going to have to look like "One of those" parents that has to crack out the leash everytime we go somewhere I guess. She doesn't listen at all and I've beat the horse about how dangerous it is to run into the street, etc. and when she gets ahead and you start going after her, she runs faster.

Time to do my fluidity bar-lol.

1 comments:

Grammyx2 said...

well i KNOW she runs faster than me..she tucks her head down and GONE!