Sunday, March 15, 2009

Think of Jase Man Tomorrow!

Jase is having tubes put in his ears tomorrow! I'm excited that we FINALLY are having something done about the fluid...although, I may take that back if it does really improve his speech :) I'm excited to see if/when we notice a difference, because everyone else that I have talked to said they noticed a difference right away. We know that he has had fluid since October 14, but we don't know how long it had been there before that. Jase has never had an ear infection, which is crazy, so at least he didn't have to deal with that during this long waiting period.

I'll be glad to be done with this woman who is doing it too. For a Children's Hospital, you would think the staff would be really friendly. We have seen her twice. The first time, a little over a month ago, we drove there for a 2 minute appointment in which she looked in his ears, asked if we tried an antibiotic yet, and wrote out the prescription and said she would see us in 6 weeks for a follow up. That was just frustrating that we drove all that way for 2 minutes and she was very short and to the point.

Well, this last visit, which was last Tuesday, was even worse! We had to wait for over 30 minutes in the waiting room. We got back to the room and I decided to change Jase's diaper quick because I knew we would be going home soon. Just as I was buttoning his pants, she walks in. I went to throw his diaper away and she said "I'm going to ask you to keep that because we don't like to change diapers in here." So I said "Okaaaay" as in "That's a stupid rule and I didn't see your signs posted". So she discusses tubes since -DUH!- there is still fluid in there and that was that...or so I thought. We had to go back to a little table that was just off of the waiting room-there was just a half wall partitioning the table to the waiting room. I was waiting on a nurse to sign some papers for surgery. About as soon as I sat down, they were taking another patient back to the room. This doctor made them go sit back down and made a big ordeal that I had changed Jase's diaper so she made a nurse go lysol the room! I was furious. They were making side remarks about it so as the nurse walked by, I yelled to her "It was just pee!" so then a few other nurses were whispering "Did you just hear her? She said it was just pee." I so wanted someone to come out and try to discuss this issue with me, but nobody said anything else about it.

So, the nurse comes and is talking to me for like 10 minutes while I am trying to keep Jase occupied which was not happening. I just wanted to get out of there.

I had to make a pre-op appt. with his regular ped and I was telling him of the diaper story and he said pee is sterile and is much cleaner than those toys in the waiting room....which was going to be my next point if someone would have said something more to me. I didn't realize pee was sterile, but my point before talking to the ped about it was that I can't imagine that was any worse than him playing with the toys out there that at least 6 other kids touched as we were waiting to go back! Urghh. Anyway, my ped said I should have told her now I know why you didn't become an infectious disease doctor-haha!

Anyway, his surgery is at 9:45 so we have to be there an hour early and I'll give you updates when we get home!

3 comments:

ZFam said...

saying our prayers for Jase Man this morning!

And...I think you should hide a poopy diaper in that woman's office. What a royal pain she was! C'mon...she works with kids all day! That is just unbelievable. She really needs to get a grip! (and so do her nurses!)

Canonicus Veneficus said...

So . . what is this Dr.'s name?

Canonicus Veneficus said...

BTW, this is Dennis