Whew~this weekend was crazy!
On Friday, I left work early to head to Chantilly's rehearsal dinner for her wedding. The kids fell asleep in the car and were excellent the entire way there! We had a quick party for Brynn for her Birthday. Some of these were taken when I had already left for the rehearsal.
Brynn got a baby that sucks the paci and breaths. She loves it!
She got some diapers and accessories too
Brynn, Nana, Grammy and Jase
Yummm!
Saturday morning I headed to get my hair done and get ready for the wedding. The wedding was very nice and I had a good time! This is the only picture I have right now from the night and it's from my crap camera so is fuzzy
Brynn stayed with me to dance until we headed home.
I got home and went to bed....around 3am Jase threw up, so I got up to get him cleaned up. Luckily it wasn't on him, just his sheet in his pack and play. I put him in bed with me because he just wanted to cuddle and twice more he did it only a little less those times. I figured it was from all of the junk he had to eat, but then, on the way home, he did it again only it was EVERYWHERE. I had to pull the van over and clean him up-it was so gross!
So on my way home, it started to become very windy. A few times it felt like my van was going to blow right off the road! I had to take a few back roads from power lines being down but made it home around 3:00. Here's a video of how windy it was-this was right when we got home, and I think it picked up after this even so I'm glad we made it home when we did!
Right around 3:30 our power went out. That was good and bad. Good because normally I get groceries on Friday's but didn't this time since I was in the wedding, so I didn't have a lot of groceries go bad. It was bad because we didn't have any food that we could eat other than junk and crackers, etc. that didn't require cooking because I didn't even have bread for PB sandwiches! We went to Glenna's to get some food.
This morning our work was about the only place that did have power and they didn't call school off, so I had to go in. Our power didn't come on until close to 2pm or a bit later-I can't remember when I called Jeremy.
So tonight, we had gymnastics so went there and Brynn did fine. We then went to Walmart after to get a few groceries. When we stepped out of the car, Brynn told me she didn't feel good, but she always says that so I didn't think much of it. We go in and I went to get the bath stuff (shampoo, deoderant, etc) first. I then went by the kids section and picked up diapers and wipes and then about 4-5 pieces of clothing because I was looking for navy shirts for our pictures this weekend and picked these up just in case I couldn't find anything else. I then go over to the pop and bent down to pick some up and Brynn just threw up EVERYWHERE! It went all over everything in the cart, dripped down onto the diapers and wipes, and went all over the pop display-yuck!
So, this is gross, but she did it a second time and got it all over Jase this time who was sitting in the front of the cart. So then all I could do was hold my hand out to catch it in my hand. I know someone had to have seen this but nobody stopped and asked if they could help at all. Of course I didn't see an employee around anywhere, so here I am trying to steer this cart one-handed, trying not to drip vomit everywhere, with two kids drenched and a cart full of things drenched trying to get to the bathroom. I got to the bathroom and still no sign of any employees, so I just wheeled everything in there. There was a couple sitting on the bench outside of it and I asked them if they could go to the crafts and see if someone was available to let them know they need to clean up the pop area! So in the bathroom I took everything out of the cart to rinse it off-I figured I was going to buy it anyway and I didn't think they'd appreciate me sending it back! So I got everything wiped off and went to check out and just told the girl to get her wand ready so she doesn't have to touch anything-ha! Brynn in the mean time was asleep sitting up in the back of the cart. We got home and she's been laying on the couch, but she just did it again all over the carpet because she got upset so I think that made her go. Why does this always happen to me?!?!
Monday, September 15, 2008
What a Weekend! (LONG Post!)
Posted by Jamie at 4:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













2 comments:
Wow Jamie, that sounds like a rough weekend! I dread those days when Emma throws up everywhere. I don't handle throw up very well at all. You should get a mom award for all of that! :)
Also, are you absolutely sure that is your mom in the pic? I just can't get over how young she looks! I know I say that all the time but wow she looks great!
Oh my gosh! I would have been so stressed out after that! That is definitely an award winning story, lol! Glad that part of it is over, hopefully she won't be sick too much more.
Post a Comment