Monday, September 8, 2008

Gymnastics

Excuse these horrible, horrible pictures! Brynnley had her first Monday night class tonight. She goes Mon/Thurs but has a different teacher for each class.

It did not go very well tonight.

There were about 6-7 girls and one teacher. The teacher was good, but gymnastics at this age is so individual with having to help them, it was just way too many kids this age for only one teacher. The Thursday night class apparently has 10 kids in it!

Anyway, there were 2 little girls who were all over the place. Brynn then thought she could be too, so she would do OK at times, but then other times would go get the hoola hoop when she was supposed to be on her carpet, would get up on the big blocks and jump off them, etc. I felt bad for the teacher because I know I was boiling in my skin just trying to make Brynn listen and then wanted to smack those other parents who were just letting their kids run all over the place!

Anyway, here they are stretching






Doing her forward roll


and back




LOL Brynn saw me uploading these and she said, and I quote "That was me not listening." Do you think I got the point across to her? Man was I hot when we walked out of there! Yes, she is only 3-but she will listen to her teachers!

They even practiced cartwheels! I thought this first class was a little advanced considering there were some new kids, because after they rolled, she told them to go practice their cart wheels on this mat that had the hand/foot prints on it. They had no idea what to do really so that's when most of them got distracted and didn't go back to their carpets.

2 comments:

Grammyx2 said...

wow, what a flood of memories..remembering your first backroll by yourself and how we celbrated! ha I remember 3 distinctive accomplishments:
1)backward roll
2)straight legged backward roll into a hand stand
3)one handed cartwheel

Those 3, you worked and worked and I can remember so plain the feeling when you got it!
(do not try these now) haha

ZFam said...

Haha!! Just laughing thinking about that whole situation! I have to try to find a little gymnastics place around here--Alexa would love that! I know there is a dance studio just around the corner, but they already did fall registrations...