Today we had our carpets professionally cleaned. Let me just add that they did a wonderful job. Our bedroom carpet had never been cleaned in 2 years and there were stains everywhere-it now looks like we just put it in.
So anyway, back to the blonde part....I decided that it would be a good idea to go to the zoo today. I figured it would be something we could all do that would waste a lot of time while the carpets were drying.
Well, after I had planned this all week, it wasn't until Friday morning when I realized that I will be at the zoo on Monday and Tuesday also because we are taking our kids at school both days! Urgh...so, I will be zoo'd out, but at least Monday and Tuesday it'll be a different zoo!
I had never been to the Cincinnati Zoo before (where we went today) and it is VERY nice! You feel like you are going to get shot driving there, but the actual zoo is very pretty and the animals were very close!
The first thing that we did is eat lunch when we got there. I wanted to eat elsewhere, but Mr. Smart One wanted to eat at the zoo and then decided to tell me that after a $35 lunch, maybe I was right and we should have eaten on the way.
Anyway, I don't think I have ever been so stressed out during a lunch before. There were these little birds and peacock's EVERYWHERE. When I first sat down to cut up a hotdog, a peacock came up and grabbed some fries out of the basket! A little bird actually landed right on Jeremy's hamburger when he was taking a bite! lol. I would have freaked! My lunch just felt very dirty from all of those stupid birds flying everywhere.
Ok, now for the pictures if you've made it this far! Here's the peacock.
Morgan and her little sidekick
The polar bears exhibit was really neat. Waterfalls, etc.
Brynn really wanted to see the zebra for some reason
Rhino
I caught the Lion for the 2 seconds he sat up, but then he was back down
Look at these cute gorillas!
The gorilla's were interesting. This baby was on its moms back, and there was another gorilla in there that started fighting with the mom while the baby was on her back. This was right after the fight-the other gorilla is to the left and they were in a stand off
And Spongebob was there and Brynnley was so excited to see him, until she stepped up on the stage. She held up every other kid who wanted to see him because she wouldn't walk to the exit part of the stage since it was right by where he was standing. Of course then she threw a fit because she decided she wanted to see him...
Saturday, May 17, 2008
I Am Such A Blonde!
Posted by Jamie at 7:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













4 comments:
so what did lil BUBBY think of the zoo????
Thanks for tagging the Rhino..didn't know what it was lol
lil bubby was in the stroller the entire time and took it all in without a peep.
He's a little warm so I dont think he feels good
oh noooo...bless his heart
looked like fun...and the "lunch" story was just lovely. I would have felt weird with birds flying around as well. I am just not an animal lover when it comes to situations like that!
Post a Comment