Friday, March 21, 2008

We Made It!

What a day! What a LONG day!

Our flight was supposed to be 4 hrs 15 min, but because of a head wind, it was more like 5. I have to say the kids were EXCELLENT though! Jase only slept about 30 minutes too! He started to get cranky right before we landed, but he just needed something to drink so once we got him some apple juice, he was quiet as can be!

Brynn slept for a good while. She was burning up. She had a 101.2 fever when we got back to the house. We went to an outdoor shopping center tonight and they have a water fountain that kids were running through so she was drenched! I think that helped cool her down!

And, on to the best/worse news so far! Went to baggage claim and got both of my bags. I went to wheel mine over and the bottom (back) of the bag had a HUGE hole in it! It looked like a bear went through and ripped it up. We went to the service desk and the supervisor was very nice. She replaced my bag (with a bigger one at that!) and I had to go through mine to see if there was any damage. The first thing I pulled out were a pair of work out shorts that were ripped up. Next was a pair of my underwear that was only half there-never saw the other half-lol. Then I went looking for my flat iron and the cord was there, but not the iron itself! And, the WORST part, was my BATHING SUIT! Oh I was so mad...especially since I went to find another one tonight and NOTHING FITS! I have such a hard time covering my big butt. The bottoms I had brought along were brand new with tags still on them!

Anyway, I got $93 reimbursement for my stuff that was damaged. Oh, my shoe laces on my tennis shoes were too.

Then, she said the ramp people weren't supposed to send it up like that. They were supposed to turn it in to the service desk who would then find me to tell me what happened to my bag. So thanks to the ramp people, I got a $100 voucher for my next flight! I haven't bought tickets for Florida yet so hopefully that'll come in handy if they have decent prices!

Other than that, tomorrow we are spending the day at the pool and going to see the Easter bunny. Sunday we are going to church, going to the zoo, and then visiting my grandparents.

3 comments:

Grammyx2 said...

HEY...not to mention the Suns game Saturday night! GO SUNS!

Dallas said...

I'm glad that you made it. Did you have to use the leash? Have a wonderful time in Arizona!!

ZFam said...

Glad the flight went well! Bummer your stuff was damaged/destroyed...but, better that I guess than having your kids be awful for 5 straight hours! Good luck swimsuit shopping. I DO feel your pain on that one!=)