...you should not be surprised by this story. Just a note:this is not a pity party post...at this point I can only try to find humor in it.
So today is my birthday.
I woke up and talked to Jeremy more than I usually do every morning because usually he gets up to basically dress Brynn and then we are out the door as he gets in the shower. Today he had to go into work early so he was ready when I got up. He didn't mention anything about my Birthday.
2:30 rolls around. I called him from work and asked him what he wanted to do for dinner. His response went something like this: "I suppose you're going to ask to go out because you just bought $200 worth of groceries and probably can't find anything to fix" No mention about my Birthday.
I talked to him probably 5 more times between the time I left work and he got home. He could tell I was a little ticked about something, but I carried on and didn't say anything.
We ate dinner (that I cooked) and there was a piece of cake on the counter than an aide in my classroom bought for me. He actually asked me whose birthday that was for!!!!!
Oh, just wait-it gets better!
All this time, he still thinks something is wrong and that I'm acting weird...
So, he goes into the closet and comes out and said "Why didn't you tell me you bought an Ohio State hat?" I said "I didn't." He asked me where I got it and I told him Teresa from work got it for me today. Still, no bell is ringing in that little pea brain.
Then he's looking around the house and another aide in my classroom got me this little snowman decoration that can hang on the wall so I put it up when I got home. He notices it and goes "And where did that come from? You put a hole in the wall?"
ARE YOU SERIOUS??? It was suggested by someone that I put a candle in the little piece of cake I got today and sing Happy Birthday to myself-HAHAHA. I just might do that. Who knows-even by then he may not even get it!!!!
UPDATE: Finally, around 9:30pm he realized why I was mad...but of course it turned into my fault that he forgot to tell me :(
Thursday, November 29, 2007
For those who know Jeremy...
Posted by Jamie at 4:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













7 comments:
Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! We love our Jamie!
He sounds like my husband! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMIE!!
I'm so sorry!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!
ummm...probably the candle in the cake still wouldn't have worked...but ME AND DAD sure KNOW what a special day it was 27 years ago!! ((hugs))
Hi Jamie! I found you via Melissa's blog! Remember me? I used to be Katie Churchill in elementary school... It is so good to see that you're doing well. Granted, I wish you would have had a better birthday! Happy Birthday!!! 27 years sure has flown by. Hope you don't mind me checking out your cute family!! Love, Katie
Happy Birthday! I would have told you yesterday but we were on our way to our new home in WY! BUT HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Husbands sometimes just don't get it!! I have one kindof like that. Today is our 5 year ann. and we will see what he does today! Hopefully he makes it up to you!
oh no! great writing skills, you had me wishing and hoping he was going to suprise you in the late evening. I'm sorry...has he made up for it.
Post a Comment